Estrella is one of Georgetown’s newest communities. There aren’t many lots, but the lots are large. With only 60 lots in Estrella, each is sized at one acre. Waterstone Development has been prolifically designing top notch new home communities from north Austin to Georgetown for several years. Their signature is quality of life and it is apparent here in this star community. Drees Custom Homes is the new home builder.
Homes for Sale in Estrella
If you don’t see any homes for sale, it’s simply because there are no homes for sale and no market established yet. You may contact me for more information about what’s happening in Estrella.
Estrella — also known as Estrella Crossing — is located roughly two and a half miles northwest of I-35. From exit 261A on I-35, head west on Williams Drive | RM 2338. The turn to Estrella is onto Estrella Crossing a tenth of a mile past Serenada Drive. It can also be accessed from west via more roundabout routes on Hwy. 29 and FM 2243 | Leander Road.
Estrella Amenities and Proximities
There are only three streets in Estrella — Estrella Crossing, Lucinda Terrace and Malaga Drive. Of the 60 lots on these three streets, 22 have been sold or built upon and 38 remain as of this writing. Lots are purchased separate from the home and start at $80,000. Annual HOA fee is $42 per month ($500 per year) and pays for common area maintenance, which includes the impressive sign at the entrance. Beyond that, you will find not much more than a serene country setting with giant live oak trees casting neat shadows and great shade onto the rooftops and courtyards of the homes. Another great aspect of Estrella living is that it has Georgetown city water and sewer as well as natural gas service. Some outlying communities are all-electric.
Nearby you will find the seat of Williamson County government with the historic courthouse, county and tax offices, shopping in new centers and the old historic Georgetown Square, quality medical care, recreation opportunities, large and small employers, private preschools, public K-12 schools and higher education all within a 2-20-minute drive.
The nearby San Gabriel River has many recreational opportunities, including hike and bike trails, parks and the famous Blue Hole swimming hole.
Other places for recreation:
- Lake Travis, part of the seven Highland Lakes
- Lake Georgetown
- Berry Creek Country Club
- San Jose Park
- VFW Park
- San Gabriel Park
- Old Town Park
- Serenada Tennis Center
Features Drees Homes Offers Homebuyers
Drees Custom Homes are arguably among the better quality homes in the Austin market. They have been building in the U.S. for 80 years and here for many years and have built a solid reputation for pleasing buyers by providing the features sought after in 2012. There are four 1-story plans and six 2-story plans. The 1-story plans range in size from 2,769 square feet up to 3,574. The base price ranges from $379,900 to $429,900. All have four bedrooms and three, three and a half or four bathrooms, Family Room, two Dining Areas, optional game room, and 2-car side-entry garage. A couple have carriage garages, and optional study. Other features available in one of the plans include: powder bath, family command center, another bedroom and full bathroom, and Media Room.
The 2-story plans range in size from 3,410 to 4,285 square feet. They have four or five bedrooms, three and a half, four or four and a half bathrooms, a Family Room, two Dining areas, a Study, Game Room, optional Media Room. and 2-car side-entry garage (five also with carriage garage and one with expanded storage area). One offers a Planning Center and another offers a Loft. Base prices range from $414,900 to $472,900. In all, there are three to six elevations to choose from. That’s the look and material of the exterior.
Custom Features in Drees Homes:
A vast array of custom features can be included in any of the Drees Custom Homes. I have included a condensed list below.
- Energy Star certified
- 16-SEER HVAC system
- Ducts or returns in every bedroom
- Low E SC glass windows
- Radiant barrier roof sheathing
- R-13 insulation in walls, R-40 in flat ceilings, R-22 in sloped ceilings
- Instant hot water to three areas of home, with timer
- Programmable Thermostats with Humidity controls
Exterior of the Home
- Four sides brick with stucco above gables and roofs
- Tyvec house wrap
- Cast stone address block
- Landscape package
- Sprinkler system in front and side yards
- Attractive pebble aggregate driveways, walkways and patios
- Trimmed and painted finished garage
- Steel raise-panel garage doors with openers
- Weather-proof receptacles
- Ten-year warranty
- Nine feet or more first floor ceiling height
- Art niches, recesses, ledges and shelves
- Rounded corners
- Door casing + 3 1/4″; Base molding = 5 1/4″
- Crown molding in Dining Room
- Eight-foot raised-panel doors on first floor
- Wood burning 42″ fireplace with cast stone or wood mantle
- Ceramic tile in Kitchen/Breakfast, Foyer, Powder, Laundry and Commode rooms
- Low VOC paints
- Plush carpet over 3/8″ 5-lb. pad
- Oak or hickory raised-panel cabinetry in Laundry Room and full bathrooms
- Marble countertops with integrated bowls and ogee edges in full bathrooms
- Lighted patio
- Air filter rating of Merv 10 for better indoor air quality
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detectors throughout
- Security system with OnQ wiring system
- Five cable jacks and five phone jacks
- Separate Breakfast Area
- Whirlpool stainless steel 30″ gas cooktop, 30″ double self-cleaning oven, built-in microwave and vent hood, undermounted sink, and dishwasher
- Granite countertops
- Ceramic tile floor and backsplash
- Oak or hickory raised-panel cabinets with 42″ uppers
Master Bedroom & Bathroom
- Architectural volume ceilings
- Walk-in closets
- Garden tub with tile surround
- Separate shower with tile walls and floor
- Oak or hickory raised-panel cabinets
- Granite countertops with drop-in sink bowls
All Drees Homes come 12-month builder warranty and 2-10 limited warranty.
Building a Drees Home in Estrella
When you contract to buy a Drees Home, Drees will lock your interest rate for six months. If the rate has dropped within 30 days before your closing, Drees will lock at that lower rate for free. Drees Custom Homes has a 10-point Commitment to Quality. I think it’s worth mentioning because this is not the case with most builders in most communities. With those, you get what the builders give you. With Drees, you get:
- To personalize your plan
- Have a pre-construction meeting and weekly builder calls
- Pre-drywall meeting
- Mid-point survey
- Quality Assurance Inspection
- Homeowner Orientation
- 60-Day Follow-Up after Move-In
- 12-Month Follow-Up after Move-In
- 10-Year Structural, transferable Warranty
- Homeowner Surveys at closing and 90 days after
Estrella is located within the burgeoning Georgetown Independent School District (GISD), with its 14 elementary, middle and high school campuses. Students living in Estrella this 2011-12 school year will attend Frost Elementary (preschool through second grade), McCoy Elementary (third through fifth grades), Forbes Middle School (sixth through eighth grades) and Georgetown High School (ninth through twelfth grades). Always check the current GISD boundary maps, as they could change from one school year to the next.
There are numerous preschools in the area that are private. There are private schools at all other levels as well, including Southwestern University on the east side of I-35. At I-35 and University Blvd. in Round Rock are the new Texas State University, Texas A&M, Austin Community College, Seton Williamson County Hospital, and Scott & White Medical Teaching campuses.
Your drive to the various types of shopping is a short drive — whether into Georgetown proper, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander or Austin. I think most of the time you can make drives to the following shopping areas in 20 minutes or less — some in just five. They have many stores and many restaurants and are listed in order of closest to furthest.
- Rivery Shopping Center, Georgetown
- Wolf Ranch Shopping Center, Georgetown
- Historic Georgetown Square
- Round Rock Premium Outlets
- University Oaks Shopping Center, Round Rock
- Gateway Leander, Leander
- La Frontera, Round Rock
- 1890 Ranch, Cedar Park
- The Railyard, Cedar Park
- Lakeline Mall, Cedar Park
- Tech Ridge Plaza, Austin
Information deemed reliable as of 02/16/2012.